Your One-stop Online Resource for Everything Trending

Ads2

Breaking

Saturday 8 April 2017

BoomNG stories: Jason- Sex & Drugs (Part Six)

Exclusive To BoomNG

I had been here, I could sense it. I could feel it as I boarded a bus which drove into Festac. I wanted the bus to lead me to any place I could recognise.

But after going in circles for a while, I saw Mr Biggs at 21 road. And it looked very familiar.
My rate of my heartbeat increased as I entered the eatery. The smell, the decor, everything felt old. Then a flash passed through my brain
for like 2 seconds.

The image was that of a girl but it was only her mouth opened as she laughed. She was happy. I
was sitting or standing across her. Who was she?..girlfriend?..just a friend?

I approached the counter to get meat pie and Fanta. Hoping I
was such a customer that they knew by name and shared
greetings with. The name tag on the girl that was to attend to me
read ‘Ijeoma’.

After staring at her and all I got back was a stare to, I crashed.

Ijeoma: sir can I take your order?

Me: Meat pie and Fanta.

Ijeoma: Eat-in or take away?

Me: Eat-in. Or all the times I come before do I ever take it away?

I was pushing my luck, hoping something will come through.

Ijeoma: I have never seen you before.

Me: Not even in my shirt and jean?

Ijeoma: is there any other thing you want sir?

That was another brick wall. I went gently to my seat. I wasn't
even sure Fanta tasted really good. The meat pie was tasteless.

ALSO READ:- Jason- Sex & Drugs (Part Four)

I looked up at Ijeoma, she wasn't attending to anybody, she was
whispering to the ears of a colleague, who looked at me and
laughed. I was sure they thought I was toasting Ijeoma.

After eating, I strolled down the streets to a bridge that connected
Festac to its Extension, Amuwo Odofin. On top of the bridge, I
realised my only clue was that smile. That was the only connection I had. I tried focusing on it, seeing if my head could produce more
images.

It was almost 4pm when I gave up. I took another ride around festac but I didn't expect any result.

Then the phone rang.
Me: Hello

Caller: its me Cynthia, the nurse.

Me: oh, hello..

Cynthia: I think I found something.

Me: oh, Thank God!..please tell me.

Cynthia: I cant talk here.

Me: so where can I meet you?

Cynthia: I would text you my address, please come alone.

Me: thank you very much. You are an angel.

Cynthia: No, I am about to betray my employers
Then she hung up.

Less than 2 minutes a message came in. Her address was at
Gowon Estate, Egbeda. But the words ‘betray my Employers’ kept
ringing in my ears.

I thought of Bayo, Shade. .all the others…what did they know.
What did Cynthia find out?. This is definitely thicker than
normal…….

We met at Triangles, very close to Gowon Estate gate. She had
changed into a blouse and jean. She looked beautiful. She kept
looking around when she sat down.

Me: You don't seem comfortable

Cynthia: No I am not.

Me: where would be safer for you?

Cynthia: lets go and talk in my house

Me: are you sure that's a good idea?

Cynthia: sure.

Though her house was a walkable distance, she insisted we took
separate bikes. Gowon Estate was totally blank in my memory.
She lived in a two bedroom flat, every where was painted pink. A
really girly house.

Cynthia; what can I offer u?

Me: just tell me what you found out.

Cynthia: After you left, I started asking questions cuz an entry had
been deleted. I found out that all the nurses worked on the shift
that an unknown person was brought were sacked. The doctor
that attended to the patient died in an auto-crash some weeks
later.

Me: who told you all this?

Cynthia: someone who works there and sees all but nobody
notices. She recognised you. Said you were brought in by about
6 policemen.

Me: that isn't true! a grown fair man brought me here, his name is
Alhaji.

Cynthia: I am telling you what my source told me. Shortly after
the doctor realised you were suffering from amnesia, the police
came to get you. That was the last time you were seen until
today.

Me: I thought I was evicted due to lack of funds.

Cynthia: Nope, you were forcefully evicted by the cops.

Me: Did your source get my name or any info about me?

Cynthia: No, except that all the nurses wanted to clean your
body. You be fine boy na!

Me: damn!..so nothing else?

Cynthia: nothing.

I looked into her eyes and I wondered why she was telling me all
this. Why didn't she just keep quiet?. Why should I believe her
instead of Bayo.?if Bayo was lying, why did he take me to the
hospital?…I was confused.
Another brick wall.

Cynthia: what are you going to eat?

Me: I am not hungry

Cynthia: common!..lemme quickly cook spaghetti. I am hungry.
After little persuasion, I agreed and turned on her TV.

Chelsea and Bayern Munich players were filling into the field. It was
Super Cup.
I remembered Bayo and his tight Chelsea boxers. I wondered if
he was watching this match too. I hoped it was Cynthia and not
him lying. I liked him.
I was surprised when Torres scored. I imagined Bayo dancing.

Then Cynthia entered with the spaghetti…

Cynthia: lets eat

Me: thanks

Cynthia: what team are you supporting?

Me: I am supporting Chelsea.
Cynthia: Kikikiki. ..Agbero club..

Me: I am an Agbero..

Cynthia: …ahhhh…very funny..

I kept quiet. The food was surprisingly sweet. The boiled eggs
weren't hard so the yoke was golden in color..

Since we sat on the same couch, I could smell her fragrance.
She smelled like fruits. we sat in silence as the match
progressed. I wanted the match to finish before I left. Chelsea
was leading 2-1 by 90min and I was preparing to leave, then
Bayern scored.

Cynthia: goal!

Me: not fair na..

Cynthia: ok I am sorry…

I think the goal just signified how my entire day was…hopes
being dashed at the last minute. I was sad. I couldn't even wait
for extra time.

Me: Thanks, I gotta go, I promise to keep in touch.

Cynthia: are you sure? You can go tomorrow morning..its really
cold outside.
Me: Don't worry I will be fine.

I stood up to leave as I approached the door I remembered I left
Bayo’s phone on the couch. As I turned to go pick it up, Cynthia
was in front of me, she flung her arms around my shoulders and
planted her lips fully on mine.

Her tongue found mine..my hand
her bosoms…her nails buried into my shoulder. I lifted her from
the ground, her legs were wrapped around my waist. She smelled
like strawberry. …she sucked my lower lip…and pointed to her
bedroom.
Chelsea lost…who cared?

Bayo’s bus was waiting for me at Iyana-Iba, in front of LASU. It
was about 5:00am . He was dressed on black shirt and black
pants.

Bayo: I brought some clothes for you, you can change inside.
You are lucky we have the same stature.

Me: I'm glad.

Bayo: you dey mad!..you no miss me ni?

Me: mtchwww.

Bayo: No wahala.

I got into the bus to change clothes. I tossed a pack filled with
rice to him. Cynthia gave me to eat as breakfast.

Bayo: I know you love me this boy!

Me: yes I bleeping do!.. I bleeping support your club!..why do u
choose to lie to me?

Bayo: you dey yarn dust…which kain talk be this?

Me: you didn't take me to the hospital, you didn't sell my car to
pay my bills… You lied to me..Tell me the truth!

Bayo brought out a stick of cigarette, it was Benson. As he
puffed some into the air, I longed for a stick myself. Perhaps
benson was my brand. He tossed me a stick and with all humility,
bowed a bit to light it on my lips.

Bayo: I wanted you to find out the truth yourself, that's why I sent
you to the hospital.

Me: I don't believe you, you probably thought it will trigger my
memory

ALSO READ:- Jason- Sex & Drugs (Part Five)

Bayo: dat one too dey.

Me: tell me everything you know, you can kill me afterwards but
tell me everything.

Bayo: kill Bawo…u don dey crase o..
Me: I am listening. ..

Bayo: this is the best time for our trip, I will tell you by 10:00. We
have work to do. You voice is good now, na u go dey shout o!..

Me: Bleep no!
Bayo: hahahahaha…dem no born your Papa well make you no call
passenger. ..if u no call. ..forget our 10’O'Clock gist…

20mins later…….

Me: ….mile 2! Alakija!..mile2! Alakija!…oshodi wole!

No comments:

Post a Comment